Saturday, November 03, 2007

Making progress

I've gotten back on the 'home improvement' bandwagon again. I just can't seem to let it go. I've been pouring over options for bathroom vanities in an effort to plan a much-needed bathroom makeover that won't end up breaking the bank. And I actually got out the paint again today and repainted one wall in the family room. That, of course, resulted in the need to select another paint color for the 'feature' wall that doesn't quite go with the new draperies in there. (I was trying to make it 'go' better by painting one wall a slightly darker version of the existing shade, hoping to overcome the difference the light from the lamps make - after I finally found new matching shades for the lamps... which I think is the 'improvement' that set this whole problem in motion in the first place. But I can't be sure. Maybe the draperies were just the wrong color.)

And so it goes. I even dragged Mark off to an unlikely place called "Tacoma Screw" to look for longer screws so we can fit the cabinet and drawer pulls we bought a year ago onto the kitchen cabinets finally - a project we abandoned in frustration a long time ago but I can't get out of my head either.

Good grief. I'm addicted for sure.

I'm also looking forward to the installation of the rest of the new windows we are having put in our house - a project we started early this year and which will finally be finished just before Thanksgiving. (New windows are expensive! We decided to do half of them last winter and the other half this fall!)

What can I say? I need things to look forward to, and to plan, and to worry about. And home improvement seems to fit that bill entirely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter