Friday, August 05, 2005

Will it ever rain again?

I understand places where it just doesn't rain - they are mostly brown with interestingly adapted flora and fauna. What I don't understand is places with a whole lot of green stuff and no rain. My "green stuff" is turning brown.

We are having a drought here in Central Kentucky and every time a storm seems to be near, as one is now, I get my hopes up. I hear thunder and see big lightening streaks. The wind is howling... all very promising. But it seems to be blowing right on by. Some Other Place always gets it - not us and our pumpkin patch and our knockout roses and acre of brown grass. I won't get a chance to bounce around on my John Deere tractor/mower again any time soon.

I'm so disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter