Wednesday, November 16, 2005

‘Cathy’ no longer without a plan

I started this blog because I had stepped out of the workplace, was in a new state and new community and didn’t really have a plan for my life. I made a few tentative inroads into volunteer work and ‘interest’ groups and took the time to read, write, cook and enjoy life. “Cathy without a plan” was born and I’ve had a grand time! But now…

Mark has accepted a job in Seattle and we are moving again! Already! So I guess I better start ‘planning’ in earnest… right away! He has to be there by December 12 – not a lot of time to sell a house and move across the country again. But we’re experienced. We can do this.

I’m concerned that the blog will suffer from the time and attention demands of other things, and hope that any readers I’ve picked up along the way will understand and keep checking back until I have a chance to give it more attention again. Since I am mostly writing it for myself, you know I’ll get it back on track by the first of the year.

In spite of not having a Plan for quite some time, I’m actually pretty good at making them and carrying them out – this should be a lark! Stay tuned! There will be adventures along the way.

4 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you a safe trip and a happy "new beginning" I look forward to tales of your adventures. This has been a great way to keep up with the family.
Love,
Judy

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess I should have read the blog before I wrote the e-mail...welcome back, my friend. The west hasn't been the same without you and Mark. Seattle is still a ways away, but I feel like I have a better shot at a visit now. Best of luck with the move (not that you need it). Can't wait to see your WA photos!
Theresa

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger M.J. said...

I LOVE SEATTLE! Have you ever lived there? Been there? Wow, except for the rain it's one of my favorite places.

I love moving too...well, not the actual work involved, but it's always so exciting to go do something new. I am a little jealous...

Congrats on the resolution as well; I know uncertainty is a drag. It must be nice to finally know, ya know?

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i moved too much as a military child- i will leave fresno when i reitre but not until then-unless, of course, eva longoria, halle berry or katherine zeta-jones want me to move in with them- hope the move is save and fun- contrary to mj, i do not like seattle but to each his or her own- the experience music project and zoo are excellent- skydog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter