Monday, June 26, 2006

Heat, again

Wrong age, wrong temperament, wrong circumstances (wrong weight, for heaven sake) – I’m having a lot of trouble dealing with another Seattle heat wave. Being miserable is not my forte. I don’t DO ‘uncomfortable.’ (I know, I’ve said this before. But doesn’t misery just want to be spread around?)

Let’s face it – I’m soft. I wouldn’t be happy on safari, or exploring the rain forest. The Peace Corp would never have been a satisfying volunteer choice for me. I need my uninterrupted 9 hours of sleep with a good bed, an accommodating pillow, and a quiet, cool room. I have a very narrow comfort range, temperature-wise, of about 70 degrees, plus or minus 3 at the most. I can’t stand to be sweaty, to have dirty hands, or to not be able to wash my hair every morning. I get pissy and irritable when I’m hot and can’t do anything about it. (Come to think of it, I can’t say that I like to be cold either.)


Mostly I don’t like the part about not being able to do something about it all!

Not really at my best here in the heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter