Monday, June 19, 2006

Twin Falls


With another non-rainy day yesterday, we did a little more hiking - this time into the mountains to explore the trail at Twin Falls. And it was wonderful. We just had a bit of an issue with the author of our guidebook, who said this was a trail for hikers 'of all abilities.' It was uphill both ways. (Then again, maybe we ARE at the bottom end of the 'ability' scale? I wouldn't like to think so, as often as we are 'out there.') Despite the considerable elevation gain (and loss, and gain, and loss...) we had a great hike.

Perhaps because it was Father's Day, there were SO many other people on the trail. But curiously, almost all of them had along a golden retriever. We were beginning to feel like we hadn't gotten the memo.

I still haven't gotten the knack of taking pictures in the dark forest. I ended up with a lot of out-of-focus or just hard-to-identify-a-subject sort of pictures. I really need some help there! But between the two hikes, I did update the "Recent Excursions" page on my website. Take a look if you are interested!

And for whatever reason, Mark got a bee in his bonnet about having to find a Dairy Queen afterwards. He used to hike with someone who always wanted to stop at Dairy Queen on the way home and it just came back to him, I guess.

We couldn't find one. Alas.

P.S. Usually being, as you know, without a plan, I have a new one of sorts. I am starting a new job today, part time, in a small office... I'm so excited!


1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, fabulous waterfall! Hope your first day at work went well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter