Friday, August 11, 2006

My perfect luck

I’ve been playing solitaire on my computer a lot lately. Terrible habit. I had to get away from the jig saw puzzles (I finally got worried about the pop-up ads and viruses) but have just been too distracted for any serious reading – and, of course, there is nothing on TV, in spite of 150+ channels. I don’t know why I should resort to any of that cheap entertainment but… well, there you have it.

So, today I hit the perfect solitaire game.

Now, I’ve played solitaire since I was a kid, once in a while going through spells where I play it all the time. I can’t really even estimate the thousands of games I’ve played over that time. It is the only card game I know how to play, not having a mind for remembering numbers or counting cards. I have some ‘policies’ that I follow in terms of priorities in the moves I make but of course it is mostly just the luck of the draw whether you win or lose. If the cards are stacked right, you can win. If not, no amount of good decision-making will help.

The perfect game then? Depends on your point of view I guess. In this perfect game, there wasn’t a single move I could make.

Not one.

I don’t think that’s ever happened before. Or maybe it has and I don’t remember. Maybe it just hit me as odd this time.

Is this another ‘metaphor’ discussion? It could be…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter