Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The promise of Spring



We planted 80 daffodil bulbs last fall - and they are actually coming up! I know that shouldn't really be a surprise, but somehow it is. If you look inside the column of leaves you can even see the bud forming - as in 'there should actually be flowers besides!'

I'm so excited.

The window business yesterday had mixed results. They are beautiful and very effective against the cold (and actually clean! I don't know when I've ever had clean windows before, since every time I wash them I just get streaks.) But one of them was the wrong thing - our ugly sliding door was supposed to have been replaced with a 'french door' look-alike sliding door, but they made a regular slider instead. And then it was hit and miss for a while about whether they would actually do the right thing and replace it. It all boiled down to the notion that we should have recognized, when signing the contract, that the salesman's Order Form abbreviation, SGD, should have read FSGD. And even though he was telling us that he was ordering a french-look sliding glass door, he did not, in fact, do that. Hopefully, they will come back in 2 weeks with the right thing. Windows are SO expensive, that I am going to have to hold my breath for 2 weeks until I know for sure they will make it right!

And so it is on to roof replacement. Of course we have two wildly differing bids for our roof, and both of them are for WAY more than the insurance payment. I suspect that there comes a time when you just give up in dismay and pay for it yourself. That time is probably going to come soon!

We have one more trip (maybe two?) to the dump to make before we can call our yard "cleaned up" from the storm. And then fence repair is next on the agenda.

Good thing those daffodils are coming up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter