Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse

Clouds rolled in to our area about 5:00 this evening and we thought we wouldn't have a chance of seeing the eclipse. We kept looking though - about 6:30 and the sky was full of clouds; 7:00, no moon; 7:15, not a chance, I thought. But just a short time later - completely clear skies, stars galore... and there it was, at its peak.

I haven't seen a lunar eclipse in years. Clouds always happen. Trees are in the way. I forget to look at the right time. (I'm embracing my pessimism here...)

But tonight I was lucky. The tree that would have been in the way doesn't have leaves on it yet so only a few branches crossed over the face of the moon in my picture.

We should have more moons. And bigger ones too.


5 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, you got a great picture! Would you believe we had clouds and couldn't see a thing! Janet

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great picture. We too were very lucky this time and viewed most of the phases. My pictures did not come out nearly as well as yours. I also had to "shoot" through branches.
Judy

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed it too. It was clear and sunny all day--right until the eclipse. =(

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture! Yeah, I forgot to even go outside and look. But, I guess I would've just been dissapointed if there was too much cloud cover like Janet said. Oh well.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go figure, on the night of the lunar eclipse it was cloudy in Arizona and New Mexico, and clear in Seattle... What are the chances?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter