Monday, August 04, 2008

August already!

I am amazed. It is August already. I thought I was paying attention but... evidently not. My sister came for a short visit last week and we had a busy week and weekend as a result. The weather didn't cooperate - in fact nothing really did - but we had a grand time anyway. I managed to lock us out of the house within a minute of getting home from the airport (security is tight at our house, and I'm an idiot) and we put on a bazillion miles for little benefit to go walk on some beaches in the rain. We even had a lousy 'seafood' dinner!

(I am losing my 'tour-guide' touch. I can't seem to get a grip on the distances involved in seeing sights in the Northwest - everything is big and far away. And I forgot altogether about things like high tide obscuring beaches and the fact that weather predictions are almost always wrong.)

So here it is, August already. Our 'crops' are thriving, our grass is browning, the dahlias are starting to bloom and we still haven't planned our summer vacation. We've eaten entirely too many blueberry pies; spent altogether too much time on chores. We're spiffed up, fattened up and positively full of vitamin D. (And 'fed up' - with summer traffic - as long as we are reciting things we are 'up' on...)

August already. How do these things happen?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter