Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ummmmm...

I've done it again. Slacked off completely on my blog. This may no longer be my 'thing.' Maybe I just don't have anything else to say?

I've certainly gotten more mentally wrapped up in my job than I intended. So that's occupying a lot of cycles. Losing money at such a phenomenal rate - as the stock market is serving up nothing but anguish lately - is taking up more than a few as well. I gave up on the kitchen counter tops in favor of the new car. (And yes, I bought one, and don't even want to go into the distressing story about that.) The political mess is more than a bit unsettling, goodness knows. But I don't really have anything to say about any of that. It is beyond 'making light' of it. And pointless to add yet another opinion of utter disgust to the fray. Frankly I've been trying to stay away from the Internet and its interminable shouting about how awful and hopeless and far from getting better things are. We just don't need more fear-mongering. And obviously I fall into that all too easily myself!

So, I've been plugging away on the routine stuff of every day. And that is about to get interrupted with a little trip to see Mark's folks next week. We are hoping for good weather - or at least for not getting flooded out of our valley when we want to come back like happened the last time we ventured out of town at this time of year.

So wish us luck - and get out and get pumpkins, or decorate for Halloween, or watch Scrubs reruns, or just take a nap. Slack off, as it were. It seems to be working for me.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good advice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter