Thursday, December 03, 2009

Another Shopping Accident

After my shopping disaster with the coupon a while ago I should have just sworn off on the whole business, but the notion of getting me a 'shopping assistant' seems to have resonated with Mark and, well... I'm getting ahead of myself. Mark made a comment on a prior post at a later date, regarding an incident that happened afterwards... and this is all convoluted. But I thought I should explain.

We went into Seattle over the weekend - to get a long walk in, topped by a nice lunch someplace. Lovely. My favorite sort of day. We don't generally do much Christmas shopping (what with the internet and being, essentially, computer geeks) so it was nice to see some of the Christmas decorations in and on the big downtown stores as well. Nordstrom's, particularly, had a lovely display in their windows, so we wandered in to see more - and, of course, to listen to their piano player doing Christmas music on the big grand piano. Very lovely. We rode up and down the escalator a few times just to listen.

And then we were somehow in the women's department.

And somehow a very enthusiastic sales clerk latched on and we ended up in the dressing room with clothes coming out my ears and seamstresses marking pant legs and it all got very confusing and, ultimately, VERY expensive. Yes, I needed clothes. But I'm not sure I needed THESE clothes, exactly. Oh well.

Mark was grinning from ear to ear. The saleslady (who, of course, fell in love with Mark) is going to call me in the Spring to 'do' wedding attire. We have to go back this weekend for newly hemmed pants.

I'm sort of afraid to! Why can't I get this right?

2 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Janet said...

Sounds like it was perfect to me!

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great to me too.  And fun!Gail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter