Wednesday, October 07, 2009

20,000 miles

My 'new' car rolled over to 20,000 miles this morning. It is almost exactly one year old. How do these things happen?

Well, I mean I know HOW it happened, but I'm still surprised at how QUICKLY it happened. Are we THAT mobile? I guess we are.

We drove to South Dakota last year shortly after buying the car - and came home from that trip with coyote damage to the front grill. Fortunately no other damage has been sustained, but it doesn't exactly smell like a new car any more. We drove it to Tucson for Christmas, down and back from Portland quite a few times, and then out to Wyoming and back to South Dakota just recently. We've been south to the Oregon coast, west to the Washington coast, north to Bellingham, east to Leavenworth; we've been to see tulips, craft shows, hiking trails and gardens. We've gone ferry riding, errand running, island hopping, grocery shopping, mountain climbing, and 'best-clam-chowder' searching all over the state.

Even so. 20,000 miles is a lot in one year. I'm beginning to have guilt about conspicuous consumption.

But probably won't change my ways. We've having too much fun to do that.

Here's to the next 20!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter