Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Another New Year

We actually got a "New Year" card from a long-ago acquaintance this year. It referred to the winter's solstice and the "sun's rebirth 'round the sky again." It was a wish for peace on earth and peace within.

Hmmm.

I don't think we're exactly on track for peace on earth this year - or anytime soon. But I think peace within is something to wish for people.

And as I sit here, feet up in front of my fire, purring cat in my lap, the sun shining in the window behind me, I think it is something I could achieve. I am going, generally, in the direction I want to go. I am doing it with people I love and enjoy being with. I have plans and intentions and things to look forward to. I'm surrounded by beauty and inspired to creativity. I am learning to quickly substitute happy thoughts - and I have many - whenever my mind wanders to unhappy memories. I have help and determination and resources to apply to the needs that remain in my life. I have challenges to meet and interesting problems to solve and plenty of thought-provoking reading to do.

It's going to be a great year! And I wish you all the same.




(Regarding the peace on earth part, there was an article in Newsweek on "The Death of Theocracy" that I recommend. I am not, generally, in favor of war, or of the US invading any other sovereign nation. But I can't imagine what our world would be like if we were all 'governed' by lunatics straight out of the dark ages who believe they have a cruel and wrathful God behind them.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter