Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Earthquake!

We had an earthquake. It happened early this morning while we were asleep. Soundly asleep.

So soundly were we sleeping that we almost - but not quite - missed it. I was suddenly aware that the house was rattling. My brain registered: Earthquake. And then I went back to sleep.

It was sort of a non-event. How sad is that?

A momentous thing happened - an 'act of God' - and I practically slept through it.

Is life trying to tell me something?


(I should note that the proverbial mittens - those representatives of cat angst in our house - were right by the side of the bed when we got up this morning. Mark's side, actually.)

1 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I did something similar in college--the apartment above mine was on fire. I woke up, checked outside and figured the fire department had it under control, told my roommates everything was fine, and went back to bed. The next morning I realized that probably wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter