Thursday, September 22, 2005

Haircut

I actually got a good haircut the other day – just like a real person. I’ve been going to the cheap/quick places for over a year now, while we’ve been in ‘transition.’ Just haven’t had the energy or the interest in finding an actual Hairdresser. Or Cosmetologist. Anyway, the cuts just kept getting worse and worse. Like there just wasn’t a ‘line’ to follow any more. The last haircut I got was in a place where everyone but MY hairdresser looked like Mamie Eisenhower – why was I surprised when I came out looking like Mamie Eisenhower? Not that that wasn’t a good look for her… back in the 50s…

So in this place, “Kathe” actually looked at my hair first, to see what might work best. She shampooed it for at least 10 minutes with careful massaging finger action on my scalp besides – all the while I was sitting in a ‘massaging’ leather chair! I was there over an hour and actually came out looking like me!

I’ve had my share of odd beauty parlor experiences. I used to go to my neighbor’s shop in Alaska and we’d get to chatting and she’d be cutting and we’d be chatting… and cutting… And when she was getting her divorce and had an extra lot to say, well, it wasn’t pretty. I don’t look very good in very short hair.

In California, ‘Amelia’ was very confident about her hair color processes and thought she could use a different product than I wanted, and get the same results. Ha! I never came out with the same hair color I had going in. And the colors were lovely. Just not what might actually occur in nature. When I finally decided to just let it go gray, she insisted we had to do blond streaks first. That was an interesting look. I was so distressed that I immediately ran off to Macy’s cosmetic counter for advice on make-up for a blond – and came home with $250 in cosmetics besides.


My darling Mark just smiled and said it looked great… just great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter