Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Todd on the mountain

I received an email, with picture attached, from my son (light of my life, who is studying for his Master's degree in Materials Engineering in Colorado) with the following message:

"The top of Quandary: here it is, where I nearly met my demise. Not really, but quite difficult."

"Demise?" Great. Just what I want to know. But actually I DO want to know - rather know than not, I think!

I had a friend in Alaska with 2 sons about 6 and 8 years older than mine. She was delighted when they went off to college and she no longer had to hear of their every day exploits. For me, that's precisely when the 'downhill' began - when HER sons went off to college and MINE was no longer convinced that mothers always went along with their sons to college.

And, of course, he did go off without me. To great success. Even without his mother to help him with his laundry.

Anyway, here he is (in the long pants) on top of one of Colorado's "14ers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter