Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Inconvenience

I had a plan for the day today. I don’t usually have one – which might be obvious to someone reading this blog. But today I did – and a good one. I was going to paint the little 3 x 5 ‘water closet’ room in my master bath. (I didn’t say it was a BIG plan, did I?)

I collected the paint, brush, pail, and ladder, and all the other accoutrements of the job. I laid out the drop cloth, taped off the trim, removed the switch plate. The cats nestled into the plastic on the floor to watch.

And then I opened the paint can. Pink! I didn’t want pink. I wanted a deep, dark red.

So much for The Plan. I have to take the paint back and try again another time. I am feeling more than “inconvenienced!”

2 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, how did you end up with pink?

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

After a visit back to the paint store they assured me that the color in the can would become a completely different color once applied and dried on the wall. I've had to suspend belief on so many things in the past few years, but this? I guess I'll try anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter