Friday, September 16, 2005

How liberating!

I’m still thinking about the Reality TV thing (see "Busted", below) and wondering, “How low do I go?” What other depravity could I be involved in, all the while deluding myself about my participation? Time to fess up!

I’m certainly guilty of gossip; we know that already (my neighbor and the Kentucky government hiring scandal) and petty peevishness (the grocery store customer) and hoarding (as in Stuff.) I’ve done some pretty serious time on embarrassing and pointless internet searches - not to mention getting hung up on jigsaw puzzles. And I’m a skeptic; and overly focused on aging, evidently (and food, of course, but I’ve acknowledged that before.) And while I haven’t mentioned this yet, I have to admit to having gone so far overboard on the closet cleaning project that I changed out all the plastic hangers so that my closet has all black ones and my husband’s has all white ones. What will be next? Color coding the spices? And goodness knows it's way past time to admit to a ‘pumpkin patch’ obsession.

Ah, confession is good for the soul. And laughing at yourself is even better. And when you are doing it ‘publicly’ – well, quite liberating!

As my mother would say, “This plan is shaping up nicely!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter