Sunday, October 23, 2005

All alone in Kentucky

Mark had to go out of town for a few days. These are the times when being a recluse doesn't seem like such a great idea. (These are the times when I typically fall off a ladder or something.) I'll either binge on cookies or decide there is no point in eating at all. Or I'll start some major project and run into something I can't do - lift something, or move something, or unscrew something - and get terribly irritated that I can't do everything myself. I'll lose track of time. I'll play my piano until the cats cower under the bed...

Oh good grief - it's only 3 days!

But there is something about being so far away from those you love. Something about feeling that you are at least a day away from 'rescue' should something happen - and so are they - that unsettles me all out of proportion to the actual situation.

I think I'll go bury my nose in a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter