Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Life’s Little Mistakes

I bought a candle today to put in a tall glass hurricane shade on my table. (Yes, I finally have a table, but no bookshelves yet, alas.) I needed a green candle, and there was really only one possibility at the store so I bought it. I didn’t realize it was going to smell so strong as to be an environmental hazard. But it does.

I have $8 invested in this thing. So what do I do? I already unwrapped it. Probably can’t take it back, even if I hadn’t thrown the sales slip away. (I never take anything back anyway. It always seems too embarrassing somehow.) I re-wrapped it in Saran wrap, hoping to limit its impact, but that didn’t work. This thing is a real stinker.

I didn’t even look at the scent information at the store, but now at home I see that it is “Cardamin Clove.” And now I know that I REALLY should have known better. (Why wasn’t it “Pine” or something?)

I do this sort of thing all the time. I’m a champion at it. Life’s little mistakes. They drive me nuts.

2 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Now see, green candle would have sent the red flags up for me. It's have to be beige, or orange or red even... but green..? Eeeek! You'll learn next time huh..? Nothing nice smelling (including pine) is wrapped up in the colour green!

;o)

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Thanks, c a d, but where were you when I needed you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter