Saturday, April 01, 2006

Losing “G”

I’ve had my laptop computer for a few years now – probably longer than I can expect its useful life to last. I almost replaced it a few months ago, remember? But it recovered and I hung on. I hate to make technology changes. It seems like a huge waste of time.

But a new problem has emerged. The “g” on the keyboard doesn’t want to work without a very pointed touch. Since I am a fairly decent, traditional typist, I am typing along, not looking at what I am doing, and suddenly notice a whole bunch of red lines where my word processor is fairly screaming at me that I’ve misspelled a whole bunch of words – leaving out the ‘g’ every time. Do you know how many words have a “g” in them? I can tell you – a lot of them.

It’s not like I can deal with this by avoiding certain topics – like “Gong Shows” for example. Or googling something, or “Greenpeace.” And at least I’m not inclined to the speech pattern of today’s youth where every comment starts with “I go…” or “he goes…” Still, I use –ing a lot, I’ve noticed.

This could be bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter