Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Another Trip

I’m leaving tomorrow for Kentucky, to meet the movers and pack up the house. My sister Janet is going to meet me there (Yes!) and help me with the chaos. Some things (MOST things) from the house will go to long-term storage, and the rest has to be sorted out for a quick delivery to an apartment here in Seattle at the beginning of next month. I’ll likely be out of ‘blog’ reach until the 25th – so there will be a lull here online as well.

That’s the bare bones of it – but the ‘doing’ is a bit more harrowing. I’ve been making lists and appointments and arrangements for weeks, it seems, and I don’t quite know if I’m afoot or horseback at this point. The movers seem to have a bunch of stipulations about a split move like this – and it’s been a bit complicated. Probably more so than it would need to be. Moving into storage, instead of a new house, seems like quite a defeat, as well. (On the other hand, being able to live with some of our own furniture and ‘stuff’ will be a relief.) I’m looking forward to being in the KY house for a few days before the movers come, but am not looking forward at all to the flights there and back! (My track record for flying is dismal over the past 25 years – I’m guessing that at least a third of the trips I’ve made have had at least some minor problem involved – like the flight being cancelled or delayed enough to miss the next connection and stranding me in some strange city without a hotel reservation. Minor, you know. Yuck!)

Anyway, I’m off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter