Tuesday, November 21, 2006

All God’s chil’en got troubles

It is a week for giving thanks. Todd is flying in on Thursday morning – Hooray! – and we are all psyched for ‘the best meal of the year.’ Maddie is off her meds and loves Frik again, the missing window covering finally got installed, the river is going down in spite of all the rain, and there is Christmas decorating and cookie baking to look forward to.

Still…

I melted the fabric on my new sofa with my microwavable heating pad. There are two holes in one kitchen drawer, left after we finally realized that there is simply no way to actually install the new hardware on the cabinets. The pizza delivery place hung up on me because I don’t have a local phone number and without that I can’t have any pizza. From West Virginia – my son – there are sad reports that they don’t seem to have ever heard of Starbucks coffee there. From Arizona – the rest of the family – there are shopping woes and public works encroachments and, well, just don’t get me started.

And here at home, Mark is singing Weird Al Yankovic’s new song ‘I’m too white and nerdy.’

Yes, all God’s children got troubles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter