Friday, November 10, 2006

Maddie on Prozac

Maddie had a terrible time at the vet yesterday. What cat wouldn’t? She got proclaimed, officially, as a fat cat. She had to have a blood test and was brought back from that in the classic hysterical cat pose where her ears are back but everything else that CAN be extended IS extended. But I didn’t laugh. Didn’t want to hurt her feelings.

So now she is on Prozac. Two half-pills a day, until she calms down and regains her sweet disposition. Since we overlapped the pills yesterday by a bit too much, she was really, really calm for a while there. She stuck close and draped herself over me and I spent the whole night dreaming about carrying Maddie around wherever I was going in my dreams. (I’m very suggestible in my dreams.)

I’ve never been a fan of mood-altering substances. But, I’m sorry, a sedated cat is hilarious.

And sweet, of course.

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should send some of that Prozac to my Dad. His cat really needs it.

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember when we traveled across the country with Heidi...sedated and draped over the back of a car seat for most of the trip? I think it only took one pill, on the first day, and she was CALM! Yes, sedated cats are really funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter