Sunday, July 15, 2007

Naming

We were at our local True Value Hardware store, looking for polishes the other day. Mark is obsessed with polishes for some reason, and can be often found perusing the isles of miscellaneous stores looking through their selections. He looks at the names, the chemical properties, the directions for use, the suggestions of products to polish, the packaging, and maybe even the applicator. He has some favorites, of course, but there is always the potential thrill of a new find. There is, obviously, no accounting for the recreation activities of some.

So, seeking to amuse myself there among the polishes (and, truth to tell, other cleaning products as well) I did the only thing I could do with a LOT of time to kill - read the labels myself. What a hidden gem of advertising genius! Who wouldn't know exactly what this stuff is for:

  • Krud Kutter
  • Never Dull
  • Tarn-X
  • DampRid
  • Endust
  • Dri-Z-air

I'm telling you - sheer genius.

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't get Cathy to include Flitz, one of my favorite polishes that nearly shares the name of a bug spray that Dr. Seuss used to write comic ads for. Not as Dr, Seuss of course but as Theodor Seuss Geisel. Quick Henry, bring the Flit!!!!. We will polish off that bug quickly, or something

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter