Monday, September 10, 2007

More Pet Peeves

Maybe I just have too much time on my hands, but I'm developing a new list of pet peeves:

  • Products that you can't open because of aggressive packaging. Or the corollary: Products that are ruined when you try to get the price tag off
  • Fees and new taxes for things that my old taxes are already supposed to be paying for - park entrance fees, sewer plant renovation fees, bond issues for school and fire department operating costs, road and bridge tolls...
  • Bureaucrats, who evidently my taxes ARE paying for, sitting around making the stupid decisions to charge me all those fees
  • Discovering a product I really like and then trying to find it again - only to be told it's been discontinued
  • Getting Tuesday's mail - with nothing but sales flyers that have to just be thrown away

This is added to the usual of life's irritations - traffic jams, getting in the slowest check-out line - and just means that I'm particularly annoyed this week and in need of a vacation.

Which, as it turns out, is exactly what I am going to have, this weekend. We are going to Victoria, BC for 4 days. Very exciting. Can hardly wait.

But, in keeping with those irritations I'm complaining about, we've already received the credit card charge for the hotel and we haven't even stayed there yet.

Sometimes life just runs right over top of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter