Saturday, November 17, 2007

Frik in focus

I always have trouble getting pictures of our pets. They move too much. I try and try and still only end up with bits and bytes of blurs and smears. You can't imagine how many failed pictures I have taken of squirrels - and they aren't even pets you can ask to pose. But I haven't fared much better with our own Frik and Maddie.

Frik doesn't like to have his picture taken. He is uncomfortable with that much attention focused (and I use the term lightly) on him unless it involves food. He is also slightly embarrassed most of the time, evidently because he has his own little set of 'rules' about what is OK and what isn't OK for a cat of his stature to do - or more precisely to be CAUGHT doing. Snuggling in wool blankets is one of his favorite things - and if my lap happens to be under the blanket he is trying to snuggle in, all the better for the built-in heat. But he won't - ever - just sit in my lap. No, that would be unacceptable. Wussy, it would be.

And Friks are decidedly not wussy. They are magnificent, as this picture that he allowed me to take clearly shows.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter