Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

It's 2008 already.

I wonder how many months I will be writing checks with the wrong dates on them. I get so muddled up about the new year that I'm just as likely to write 1972 as 2008. No reason for it. The mind just 'dips into the well' and, if there is the slightest confusion, simply comes up with a random number rather than work out the reality. Oh well. There are more interesting things to think about - what can I say?

I've been working on pictures, on the family genealogy chart... all kinds of things more interesting than trying to figure out what year it is.

For example, I had a chance to hike with my sister in Sabino Canyon, near Tucson:






And then there was the driving trip itself. I took a picture of the two little goomers in the back seat, who had to share the bigger carrier since there were 3 adults in the car. Happy little travelers, huh?



And, since Todd was with us and just moving to Oregon, I wanted to take his picture next to the 'Welcome to Oregon' sign as we entered the state. Well, he was driving, and he was having nothing to do with that. Running a tight ship, he was. No time for stopping. (These 'goal-oriented' young people! I mean, really!) So the best I could do was to try to catch the sign as we whizzed by, with the notion of photo-shopping him in later. Camera ready, I waited for the border. It came abruptly, around a corner in the road that we took at 80 mph. I clicked the camera shutter and, amazingly, got the sign. Here it is, in all its glory. Chemical toilet and all. I guess I shouldn't try to photo-shop Todd in there after all. Perhaps not one of my better efforts.


We had a great trip. Hope the new year started as well for everyone else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter