Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More about the class reunion

I've been receiving regular notices about the upcoming 40th class reunion of my gi-normous high school graduating class. The Organizers have started a webpage and invited everyone to post a brief message - generally about what you have been doing for the past 40 years and what great moments you remember about high school. I've been surprised by the whole thing. In the first place, the people who are currently on the email list - those who have been located through common friends - are not the 'popular' crowd, the ones you would have expected to stay in touch with each other and maintain an interest in high school nostalgia. No, the folks on the list are the ones I remember from classes; the ones who signed my yearbook, the people like me. And secondly, most of the people posting their updates - on the website with all of the names, contacted or not - are already retired. Good grief! Finally, few seem to have fond high school memories they are interested in sharing. Thankfully, they've mostly moved on.

Except for the woman (completely unknown to me, though I looked up her picture in the yearbook and she seemed OK...) who gives us this:

"I really didn't get into high school too much really didn't have a lot of friends cause most of you made fun of me and made my life very miserable."

OK - its' been 40 years. Is it just me or did that seem inappropriate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter