Monday, September 21, 2009

I was going to let it go, this year...

Today is my father's birthday. It seems like I can't let it pass without comment, even though I'd thought maybe I should. I don't want to add to anyone else's sorrow on this day, but the sorrow is there anyway, so... I just want to remember the day, and remember him and be happy for the wonderful life he lived and the wonderful legacy he left us. Our lives are full of love and laughter and twinkling eyes and curiosity and outrage and logic... and he was at least half responsible for that (although our incredible mother deserves the other half of the credit - and truth to tell, probably more than that.)

Hope you remembered him fondly today as well.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger carl s said...

Amen to all of that! Thanks Cathy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter