Monday, October 24, 2005

Advertising in Bad Taste

Watching Hurricane Wilma coverage has subjected me to new ads that I probably wouldn't see otherwise - there is one for a new Charmin "wipes" product that surely is over the line of good taste. They are showing some smeary white stuff that someone is trying to wipe off their hands with dry tissue, leaving quite a bit of the stuff on the hand. Of course with the wet wipe all of the smear is gone. Is it just me, or is that a little more obvious than it needs to be? Surely the American consumer generally knows what happens in that 'situation.' (IS it a 'situation?')

Maybe it IS just me. I was mortified with the increasingly graphic advertising of feminine products - but then of course they moved on to the specifics of ED - good grief!

Is there no decorum left?

Is this as clear a sign that I might be 'over the hill' as I suspect it might be?

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger M.J. said...

It's toothpaste they're trying to wipe off...and I have been complaining about those dancing and singing behind-wiping bears for quite some time. Without showing anything it's entirely too graphic, you know what I mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter