Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A post script on cat trauma

An interesting thing about Frik in the middle of his traumatic 'trip to the vet' experience:

After howling up a storm in the truck, about halfway in to town he started to purr - loudly enough to be heard over road and traffic noise. He surely wasn't suddenly having a great time and feeling cozy. We think he was trying to comfort and calm himself.

A lesson for all of us in this sometimes hectic holiday season? I'm not sure what my equivalent to stopping and purring to myself is, exactly, but I'm going to try, at least in spirit, to follow the little guy's example.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger M.J. said...

My equivalent to stopping and purring to myself is a really big Absolute martini with lots and lots of olives.

But that's just me. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter