Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Ramon

We are renting a private mailbox from one of those mail/package service places and I was in there this morning (mailing the phone from yesterday's aggravation.) I am always amazed that those places offer absolutely everything related to mailing something - the 'value added' concept. They have the space and the personnel - and they are maximizing them both by thinking of - and providing - every possible thing they can. Mailing labels, shipping, boxes, wrapping paper, copy services, postage stamps, fax services... Very efficient. A model of American ingenuity.

So I was interested, as I drove by another place on my way home, in the same concept applied to a different industry. There is a large building on an odd corner lot with basement parking and access from all sides. In it "Ramon" has created a family of businesses to capture the auto market - Ramon's Auto Parts, Ramon's Brake Service, Ramon's Car Wash, Ramon's Auto Detailing. But in the one final corner of his building, I think Ramon might have lost his vision of the concept, for there, in bold lettering, just like the rest, is "Ramon's Beauty Salon."

I just wonder who his customers are???

1 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds kind of like what "Leo's Corner" (Stone and Glenn) in Tucson used to be like!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter