Monday, January 16, 2006

Seattle's Market



The little break in Seattle rains brought us back to Pike’s Place Market yesterday. The flowers, the fish, the arrays of jellies and jams, vegetables, nuts and honey, paintings, pottery, jewelry, candy – all just put a smile on my face. Fish vendors are chanting and throwing fish, street musicians are plying their trade on every corner. Cinnamon rolls entice with their smell. What a happy place! And I didn’t get a single decent picture. But these will have to do – to give you an ‘impression’ of the day.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you got some of those fabulous flowers! When we were there, we were flying home and couldn't bring some along, but I was ready to hold them in my lap, they were so wonderful!

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy and I saw a feature about Pikes Place Market on the Travel Channel. I learned that you don't want to be standing behind the fish vendors when they are doing their throwing thing. Unless, of course, you don't mind smelling like fish for the rest of the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter