Tuesday, February 28, 2006

More than a little delay here...

I have been derelict in my duty to my blog, I know. But I just am too distracted. Too worried about the housing situation, as yet unresolved.

But - I made some progress on other fronts. The long battle with Kentucky's Motor Vehicle agency over getting the title to my car is finally over, title received, so I spent the day getting Washington vehicle insurance, emissions inspections and new titles and registration for our two vehicles. I got lost trying to find all the places involved in getting those things done, of course, but that just meant I found a bunch of other places I might want to know the locations of later. Managing the standard transmission on Mark's truck put a few more gray hairs on my head, but, all total, who could notice? Mark put the new plates on when he got home, and we are now official, if homeless, Washington residents.

I spent the day on Monday wringing my hands and otherwise being despondent and stupid, but finally got over that by the end of the day too, and looked up the Seattle version of Craig's list for apartment rentals and printed up a bunch of possibilities and so am armed and ready to wage that battle if it comes to it - and it surely will, if not this week, then in a few more weeks. Because once again the weekend went by without a word from the Kentucky real estate agents, so there is no progress on that.

And my poor Mark has been sick too - and that is much worse than being sick myself. Not much else going on here then.

So, somehow there haven't been any comments on the blog lately, and that is very disappointing since I am pretty isolated as it is. But I can see that I'm not exactly putting up much to comment on either... Oh well. I feel like Tinkerbell, who needs people to clap and say "I do believe in fairies; I do believe..."

Am I still here?

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right already...I do believe, I do believe!!! Good for you on the titles etc., and on the last day of the month too! Tell Mark to get better. We were all getting worried about you when there was no blog, so we were looking at least! Hang in there!

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have been reading, but haven't had much time for "commenting". Mom was afraid you actually were homeless (or worse) since there had been a lag in blog entries and a missed Sunday phone call. Hang in there. There has to be an end to all this stress soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter