Thursday, February 16, 2006

Is anyone out there?

I haven't had access to my email account all day - and through most of yesterday. Don't know what is happening with it - it just won't load. I either get an error message or a 'time out' message. Everything else on my internet service works so I can only guess it is something peculiar to their server. But it really unnerves me, to be without that contact.

I functioned just fine over the years with 'snail mail' and the telephone being my only substitutes for personal contact. And then email and cell phones invaded my life and ratcheted up the stakes for personal communication. Now, here I am, reduced to near-panic because someone might have sent me a message and I can't see it. Good grief. How 'in touch' do I need to be? It would appear that the level is pretty high. Chances are very good that the only email I've received is 'Travel Buddy' updates (air fares to Brussels might have dipped a bit, after all) and notices from Eddie Bauer about their clearance sale. I know that intellectually, but emotionally I am just as sure that there is a 'treasure' in my In-Box that I must have right away.

Is there a cure for this? Even a distraction? I can't seem to find it. The longer I am 'out of touch' the more obsessed I become.

Is anyone out there? I may never know!

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Feanor said...

I've been here. Just thought I'd tell you because of the little blurb up top.
- Amir

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still here, but haven't sent any e-mail lately since I'm swamped with birthdays! Hope you get re-connected soon. Never fear, the rest of us are out there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter