Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Better living through Chemistry

I don’t think I mentioned it yet, but I somehow managed to pick up another bad cold. Really. The second one in a month. How lucky am I? Maybe Mark’s cold was a new variant, and he caught that rather than the one I had – and then I caught this one from him? We’ll never know. But it’s pretty sad.

So this time we hit it hard with the OTC meds. I usually don’t find them particularly helpful and would generally rather be without medication, but I’m rather worn down with all this sickness and, this time, decided intervention would be welcome. So we’ve been to various pharmacies and gotten recommendations for our various and changing symptoms, and I’ve spent the last few days drugged out the wazoo.

I’m still sick, but I don’t care any more.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently discovered how useful those breathe right strips (or whatever they are called) are. I've had a low grade sinus infection for about a week with the only symptom being a clogged up nose at night. After taping one of those across my nose, I was able to sleep again without waking up with a dry mouth every few hours. It was like a miracle!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

I will delete spam comments that are not related to this blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter