Friday, April 21, 2006

Feeding birds

About a week ago I went to the Wild Bird Store to look for a feeder to hang on my balcony. We are on the 3rd floor and there isn’t much to look at outside (from inside) except the building next door and one tree top. I thought the cats would enjoy looking at birds at the feeder – and maybe, considering Maddie’s evidently low IQ, just looking at the feeder hanging there swaying gently in the breeze.

So they fixed me right up. (Who knew THAT wouldn’t happen?) I got a feeder and perches and a bottom tray, and food-without-seeds-so-it-doesn’t-make-a-mess-on-the-floor stuff. I assembled it, filled it, hung it… and waited.

I’m still waiting.

It’s still full.

“Don’t worry,” they said. “They will come.”

All I am doing with my life just now is waiting. And I’m trying not to worry, but just waiting for something to happen that isn’t under my control is just not my forte. It’s a perfectly lovely feeder with quite tasty food, just no birds. It’s a perfectly lovely house in Kentucky too, and with interest rates going up, you’d think someone would just buy it and get on with things but no one even seems to be looking at houses in Kentucky. Although the realtors (some 60 of them by now) who have been through the house all seem to agree that the price is set right, there simply haven’t been enough actual people through to test that out.

And so I am waiting.

(I spent the whole day yesterday doing on-line jig-saw puzzles! I now have a repetitive-stress injury to my ‘mouse’ arm! How pathetic is that?)




(OK. I know. Now you're curious to know if the house is a disaster or what. To take a 'virtual tour' of our house on Upper Hines Creek in Richmond, KY, go to: http://www.movingtolexington.com/feature.html )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter