Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bruises

I keep running into furniture. I have horrific bruises on my left arm and right leg that would make a social services worker run for the phone. It’s all because of boxes, of course, and a house with a zig-zag hallway and too much stuff. And because of being uncoordinated. It hasn’t helped that I can’t see the contents of the boxes I am trying to unpack without my reading glasses on, but then when I try to move the box without taking the glasses off… well, I keep running into furniture.

Damn. Aren't you tired of hearing about boxes?

Mark keeps saying “we’re winning!” the Battle of the Boxes. I have my doubts but he insists that I repeat his mantra over and over – and so I do. We can at least see the garage door from the house door now, and if it weren’t for the empty boxes there would actually be some floor space in the garage. The floor space in the bedrooms is a little sparse just now but that will improve as soon as we reconfigure the closets with new rods and shelves.

And all this will happen because Todd is coming tomorrow! We have tons of Home Improvement projects and will be very glad for his strong hands and positive attitude.

In other good news – we are supposed to ‘close’ on the sale of the Kentucky house tomorrow!

We’re keeping our fingers crossed.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope that boy brings his muscles with him and geometry skills, we will need both, in abundance

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter