Monday, October 09, 2006

Aches and pains

This morning when I woke up, everything hurt. My back, hips, legs, feet, shoulders, thumbs... close to 'everything' at least.

This 'getting old' business is no fun. I remember a conversation with a soon-to-be-retired teacher some years ago about why he got up so early in the morning - he said he had to because it hurt too much to lie in bed. I was astonished. If this was what getting older had in store, I wanted nothing to do with it. For 'bed' not to be comfortable seemed like the ultimate tragedy.

That was then and this is now.

For years Mark has fallen into bed at night saying 'Ah, bed!' Ultimate comfort. Blissful place to be. Relief from the day's stress and strain.

For the relief to be upon getting up instead of lying down, well, I just don't know what to make of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter