Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Worrying, fussing and nerve-wracking stuff

We’re having flooring installed today; hardwoods, in the family room and kitchen. It was a nerve-wracking decision in the first place – they aren’t cheap! – and now it is nerve-wracking to have it done. They sent two Russians – neither speaks English well (one of them evidently doesn’t speak it at all!) and we’re having some communication problems. Mostly there is a lot of banging and scraping going on.

The cats are safely locked up in the bedroom but huddled together, nonetheless, under the bed. I wish I could join them.

I don’t know what I am so nervous about. The ‘workers’ are the ones doing the work, not me. All the ‘figuring’ I had to do is done. The decision is made; the bill paid; the scheduling scheduled.

But still, they are banging away in my house and there is always the possibility of damage or things not turning out right. I don’t think I’m really worried about that actually happening, but I sure am nervous, and I don’t know why else I should be. It’s going to be a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter