Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Burning Questions

I occasionally have one of those burning questions on my mind that just won’t let me alone; the mystifying sort of question that probably someone has the answer to, but not me.

For example: How do you get down at the end of a Bungie Jump?

(OK, all you techies out there. I know. You look in Wikipedia for the answer. Which gives you the helpful information that “Mobile cranes provide the greatest recovery speed and flexibility, the jumper being lowered rapidly to ground level and detached.” Head first? How does the crane get to you? Are you still attached to the rubber band thingy? Not actually putting the question to rest, is it?)

Or, if the human body replaces all its cells every 7 years, why do I still have a scar on my wrist where a cat scratched me in 1963?

Or, most puzzling of all: Why can I go to bed late, dead tired, and fall right to sleep only to wake up 3 minutes later, completely done with even the possibility of sleep for hours?

These are the things that drive people mad. Burning questions, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter