Sunday, March 18, 2007

More ‘Exploring the Earth by Satellite’

All this GPS stuff has inspired me to play around with the Google Earth program on my computer. If you haven’t downloaded this and looked to see what the Empire State Building in New York or the Great Wall in China or the Nazca Lines in Peru look like from a satellite, you are really missing some prime entertainment.

But I have to wonder, when I can see the Eiffel Tower’s incredible detail, the way that even the color of the water at Niagara Falls is pictured, or the sheer number of yellow taxis on New York City streets: what is NASA really up to?

You can practically see in the windows of the White House, but all of North Korea is a blur.

(You can’t see Bill Gates’ house with any kind of detail either. Rats.)

1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google Earth is one of Brent's favorite pastimes. I think he has looked at things all over the world - Diego Garcia, Iceland, our old houses... When I think he will run out of places to explore he is on it again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter