Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wasting time

I spent most of the day yesterday trying to avoid cleaning out the garage. It was time well spent.

On the Internet, I looked up Hillary's voting record, read an article about actresses 'who look like they smell bad,' (the Olsen twins) and found out that you really CAN visit Machu Picchu even if you are too old and fastidious to take the 6 day hike without shower availability. Of course it will cost you about $5000 each to do so, but...

The sun came out so I went outside to peer at plants and see if they were showing any sign of buds. They are. Very gratifying.

While outside, I also moved some stuff that was interfering with my pleasant view outside my back windows - which I was also looking out of while not-cleaning-the-garage.

I scratched Frik's neck. A lot. (He was being very attentive.) Then we had to go looking for Maddie so she could get equal time. I wrote a blog post about chicken. I watched a wonderful show on the travel channel called "Walking the World" which is what led me to the investigation of Machu Picchu. (That series also has an episode on Kilimanjaro and the Grand Canyon - fabulous photography! But not, evidently, available for purchase by DVD - which I also checked out.)

I finally took down my 'winter' wreath from the door and unwired the beautiful pine cones from it before throwing it out.

I munched. I downed more than a few Diet Cokes. Started a load of wash. Finished the load of wash, actually. More Frik scratching. More gazing out the window. Played a little ditty on my piano. Looked out the front windows too - just for good measure. Emailed Mark. Checked out the high school reunion website to see who else had written their 'bio' for the record.

Good grief. I can waste time with the best of them.

I actually did get the garage cleaning started too. A day well spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter