Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Life... going on

Todd and Laura are coming to visit this weekend from Portland. I am SO excited to be able to spend some time with them - and on Mother's Day besides! It's been years since I had my son around on Mother's Day. Someone asked me how long it's been - and I couldn't really say. Life goes on and some aspects of it are foggier than others.

Another family birthday this week (Mark-the-younger - Happy Birthday!) and a graduation give me more pause for thought. Young Mark is the youngest of the 'first' generation of grandchildren (many of whom already have children of their own) and he is turning 21. Officially an adult. Ryan has completed his course requirements and will be awarded his Bachelor's degree this weekend as well. (Congratulations! Well done!!) They are all, certainly, well 'launched.'

So I looked back in my pictures to see if I had one of all 10 of them together. No such luck. There is a considerable age spread among them, and by the time young Mark came along, the older ones weren't posing for potentially embarrassing pictures. But I have one with everyone but Mark - and it should be sufficiently embarrassing for almost all of them! (Not sure what ANY of them were thinking at the time this was 'snapped' but whatever it was, it certainly wasn't Posterity!)



In honor of Mother's Day, upcoming - have a happy time together, wherever you are.



5 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Ryan Stouffer said...

Carolyn must have had a dirty diaper judging by the looks Todd and I had on our faces.

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I love that picture! I showed Rob and told him I was glad I wasn't old enough to dress myself in the 80s. Nice short shorts, guys! =)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I can't wait to show Brent! Ha, ha, ha, ha!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I showed the kids and Brent today - Brandon couldn't identify anyone in the picture (I don't know why!) I told Hannah her daddy was in the picture and she zeroed in on him right away. :) The picture makes me smile!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes! I wonder what I had in my mouth?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter