Wednesday, June 04, 2008

...and unexpected 'other' things

I was driving into town this morning when the sky fell on me.

It sounded like the huge drops that plop onto your car roof from overhanging trees after a heavy rain - a staccato rapping of something big.

Evidently I was driving under a flock of birds. Nine direct hits on my windshield, 14 total individual messes on the car altogether - I was so stunned by how 'personal' their attack was, I had to get out and count! And all of them virtually simultaneous. I could barely see out the windshield to finish my drive.

And of course, while it rained ferociously yesterday, today is only cloudy, allowing the poo to dry out as I drove along. For all to see. It's embarrassing, actually.

Such a coordinated attack surely had to have been planned. Synchronized. Targeted. Those little buggers had to have been 'saving up.' There must have been a signal to the group - "make it dirty - NOW!"

I shudder to think.

7 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Ryan Stouffer said...

The birds must be quarreling with the raccoon.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! And eeeewwwww! I hope you hadn't just washed your car.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you glad that cows don't fly!

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Ryan Stouffer said...

Aaaannnnd.... Notice which segment of the family "flocked" to this particular entry. Lauren must be the only sensible one of the lot. It's probably a good thing that Mark doesn't have the Internet at his new house.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Or Lauren just doesn't have high-speed internet at home and it took her a little longer to see this post. Gross.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Gee, I'm really missing Mark here...

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally think that she is bragging and not complaining. We don't wash cars up here very often, why bother, but this time Cathy's car got cleaned up pronto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter