Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A winter change of pace

Some random 'whatevers' for the day...

Colder weather and more rain means more hanging around the house being lazy. After last week's heavy rains and flooding - and having the road closed again - we are happy to have some return to normalcy. For Maddie that means hanging out in front of the fire - and boy is she happy to have it on again!


(Incidentally, I didn't manage to vacuum before taking this picture and then noticed that the flash had highlighted some popcorn pieces on the rug... My picture processing software has a 'blemish removal' process and I used it to 'clean up.' Easy! Now I'm wishing I lived in a 'virtual' world where housekeeping was that simple and effortless.)

Outside the fall color is just about gone - this is the view from my back door. We decided not to rake leaves this year - but to chop them up with the mower and let them return from whence they came. Sort of. It seems to be working.


I tried a new technology today. Ordering pizza online. How wonderful! Who knew there were so many choices in pizza ordering?? Or that it could be so easy? (Of course we'll see if the pizza actually arrives, but I'm going to be confident.)

I'm reduced to pizza delivery because my kitchen is torn up with the counter top project. But, happily, they will be here tomorrow to install - then we just need to figure out the plumbing. I can't wait!

1 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maddie looks very relaxed. Even in Tucson, Maggie has started to sleep on our bed at night, placing herself carefully between my ankles. Pretty soon she might even reduce herself to sitting on my lap to get warm in the evenings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter