Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dealing with a lot of stuff here...

My brother emailed me today to see if I was still alive. He'd been checking my blog and found that the last entry about pestilence was, well, still the last entry. He wondered if pestilence was really the reason I hadn't posted anything in a while.

No, I'm just dealing with a lot of stuff here...

My last prescription order got messed up and I had to worry about it and spend a bunch of time dreading calling about it, and then rechecking to make sure that it had, indeed, been messed up, and then complaining about it for a while. The last remaining uncut pumpkin on the back porch started to rot with the freezing weather and I have spent a bunch of time planning how to get rid of it and wondering whether it will be Mark or me who caves in first about it and actually goes out in the cold to shovel it off. That took a bunch of time... And then the water bill came and was way higher than it should have been so a great deal of effort had to be made about leaving messages for the lady who is in charge of water bill questions and another great deal of time had to be spent composing, in my mind, increasingly sarcastic additional messages to leave on her voice mail because she still hasn't called me back ("Leaving a message is much less satisfying than you might think when experience tells you there should be no expectation of actually receiving a response to your message...") even though I was never actually going to leave them.

Frik threw up on the bed three times in the last week so much laundry activity has been necessary. Mark and I can't get up the courage to tackle the grocery shopping (loathsome chore) so another huge block of time has been consumed staring into the open freezer wondering how I can make dinner out of old hot dog buns and frozen applesauce. Another block has been invested in rolling through TV channels in utter disbelief that we can pay this much for cable and still not find anything on that we could possibly watch. (The corollary to that is, of course, the amount of time invested in watching crap.) And that leads to another time sink - searching the internet to find out why all the things I think I'd LIKE to watch aren't on any more.

I've spent more time wringing my hands over why I am slacking off so much on housekeeping lately than I've spent actually doing housekeeping. Another big chunk of time has gone to sitting in traffic jams caused by road repair crews. And still more time has gone to making up excuses about why I don't really need to go anywhere so that I can stay out of traffic jams. A lot of time goes into powering up my computer to check for email that no one ever sends me and even more time goes into looking through junk mail because there isn't any GOOD mail.

I guess I've just been too busy to write. I'm sure you understand.

2 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my sweetie really does write well when she does write. I am still smiling after reading the last post. What frozen, rotting pumpkin? Huh? We have cats? When did that happen? I managed to survive the layoffs at Microsoft today. 2 other people in my group of 10 weren't quite so lucky though.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter