Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ominous Post

According to my Blogger 'dashboard' this is my 666th posting. I feel like I should do something special, something innocuous or non-inflammatory; something that will otherwise negate this ominous number. Post kitten pictures maybe? Wax eloquent about puppies? Create a 'spring' poem, perhaps... ode to flowers, sort of thing.

But I'm going to use it to review. I'm not, obviously, as devoted to my blog as I was in the early days. My first posting was August 3, 2005; before Hurricane Katrina, before economic disaster or political chaos. Some of my postings have certainly been about national news or politics but far more have been about growing things, going places, cats, Mark and his quirks, me and MY quirks, reminiscences, and everyday observations. I've shared nearly 200 pictures on this blog - my favorite part. And received over 550 'comments' - thank you all. (OK - that's probably my favorite part.) I have, more times than I can remember, considered giving up the whole thing with a 'That was fun but now I'm done' sort of posting. But I can't quite give it up either. So I will drag along with the occasional comment or picture and continue to take advantage of the blog as a 'diary' of our lives and happenings. And now that I'm past this ominous posting, maybe I'll get better again.

Who knows?



P.S. A few interesting comments from Wikipedia regarding 666:

People who seriously avoid things related to 666 have a phobia:
hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia.


The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is
666.

9 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another fun fact... When I worked at TMC I noticed there wasn't a hospital room 666. It went from 664 to 668. I suppose they figured they would save a lot of time moving people.

I like reading your blog and seeing your pictures. Don't stop!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I also enjoy reading your blog--besides, it has turned out to be a better place to comment back and forth than the Stouffer yahoo group. Usually when I check your blog there's something new to read ;-)

(I wonder how many of the 550 comments have been Carolyn and I making fun of Ryan and Mark?)

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Ryan Stouffer said...

Carolyn is mean because she is short.

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

550 comments is quite a few. I don't know why Carolyn and Lauren make fun of Ryan and I. No one makes fun of Big Mark, he is well, too big and too strong and I am glad that I have never suggested he show me the moves he used on Ryan and Lauren and Carolyn during their formative years. Wait given that Carolyn is the smallest and is still alive to tell the tale I would rather learn her kung fu tricks. We will trade recipes for self defense lessons.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Poor Dr Mark just had another birthday - so you can excuse his confusion as just 'old bummers' disease... Happy Birthday Mark!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Actually it was the other Mark I had in mind...don't let his size fool you. He likes being made fun of.

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mark. I am a kung-fu master. I also specialize in Jedi mind tricks. Good combination, I've found.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, you guys are having too much fun! Cathy, you don't dare ever stop now.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep 'em comin'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter