Monday, August 29, 2005

Thunder and rain

Today I am watching a storm, here in Kentucky, in all its dark and dreary fierceness. I love storms, but have never experienced a bad one, a life threatening one. So I am wondering, with THIS storm outside my windows, what THAT storm, down there in New Orleans, is like. That Hurricane Katrina storm. And wondering if I'd be like the "die hards" who don't want to leave their homes and seek uncomfortable and inconvenient shelter elsewhere for an undetermined time. What a decision. What a mess!

But MY storm is a beauty - it is just pouring down rain and I can almost see the grass growing greener already. The worst that will happen here is that a few pumpkin leaves will be pushed down and maybe they'll have to close the Valley View ferry due to high water levels for a time.

My other plans for the day are delayed. I'm going to sit here and watch this wonderful storm. And keep my eye on THAT one too. And wonder about the whole business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter